An Easy To Make Version of Chicken Souvlaki
Served with flatbread and yogurt takes just 20 mins to get this version of chicken souvlaki from kitchen to dinner plate.
- 10-12 oz. pre-cooked skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed, thickly sliced
- 4 tsp salt-based seasoning, Greek
- 120 g wholemeal pita bread, (2 x 60g each)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 medium fresh Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 x 3 second spray(s) oil spray
- Yogurt To Taste
- Put the onion in a bowl, pour over enough boiled water from a kettle to cover, then set aside for 5 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with the olives, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and/or mint leaves, beetroot and chicken.
- Season the yogurt and toast the flatbreads. To serve, top each flatbread with generous spoonfuls of the souvlaki, yogurt and a drizzle of oil.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, August 2014